Sunday, December 1, 2013

The Bible - Prabe 7

I had gotten behind on my PRABE assignments, therefore, I embarked upon reading the Bible for 3 hours yesterday.

I am reading the Bible Chronologically, using the order provided by the YouVersion Bible app.   I am also using the app to track my progress.   It seems like I have been reading forever (it has been months, off and on!) and I am only 56% of the way through!   The 3 hours yesterday only bumped me up by 2%.

Through reading the Bible, I have really been consciously using the method of "self questioning" in order to determine whether or not I've been absorbing the information.   If I realize that I've been reading without fully understanding the text, I make sure to go back and re-read it more carefully.  I literally ask myself, internally, "do you know what's happening?"

The books I've been reading chronologically, recently, include 2 Kings, Chronicles, Jonah, and now Isaiah.

No comments:

Post a Comment